Surrey Place is a not-for-profit that serves people of all ages with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments in the Toronto region and Northwestern Ontario. Surrey Place offers integrated services and inclusive support in a safe and welcoming environment. The approach is family-based, centred on the interests and care of clients, families, and caregivers by teaching them skills. At Surrey Place, we reimagine your potential.
Mission: We help people of all ages with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reimagine their full potential.
Vision Statement: Living your potential – all your life!
Surrey Place is a not-for-profit organization that serves people of all ages with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments in the Toronto region and Northwestern Ontario. As a trusted leader in the developmental services sector, the organization provides integrated services and inclusive support to over 10,000 clients, families and caregivers, professionals, and organizations annually from our five satellite locations in Toronto in a safe and welcoming environment. Surrey Place helps people learn new skills, gain self-confidence, and reach their full potential.
The Surrey Place team comprises caring clinicians, staff, valued partners, and other experts in the sector.
Together, they create responsive and innovative care plans that meet clients’ needs. Their approach is family-based, centred on the interests and care of clients, families, and caregivers by teaching them skills. Surrey Place strives to ensure the greatest access to services and support clients navigating the health care system.
With over 450 highly skilled staff, we are often many first contact points. As the lead agency for Developmental Services Ontario Toronto Region and a partner of Toronto Autism Services Network, we are a core service delivery component in our community and across the province.
Since 1962, Surrey Place has supported people with varying and complex needs to connect with their communities and achieve their goals. Surrey Place is accredited by Accreditation Canada through the healthcare program.
Our People/Our Team
Chief Executive Officer – Dr. Terri Hewitt
Vice President, Children’s Services – Lisa Binns
The success of Surrey Place comes from a tremendous team effort filled with, generosity, dedication, and innovation. The community board, made up of directors, clients, staff and families, is a significant part of it. Together, they are united under a shared vision: to provide the best services, programs and experiences to clients and community partners.
Achievement/Awards And Recognition
- Accreditation Canada(2016 – 2020) recognizes organizations around the world that improve outcomes in accordance with independent assessments and global standards. In 2016, Accreditation Canada commended Surrey Place Centre on “the commitment to using accreditation to improve the quality and safety of the services it offers to its clients and its community”. Learn more.
- City of Toronto Access, Equity and Human Rights Award (2019), the highest honour in the City of Toronto, recognizes people and programs that have made a difference by eradicating barriers to equality and discrimination.
- IPAC Public Sector Leadership & Excellence Award (2015) recognizes organizations that have demonstrated outstanding leadership by taking inspired action towards improving public services, supporting government priorities or having had a significant impact on public policy.
We collaborate with partners and organizations in many disciplines to share knowledge and tools, improve access to services, and set standards. We conduct research and train the experts of the future.
- Coordinated Service Planning
- Community Network of Specialized Care Ontario Toronto Region
- Developmental Disabilities Primary Care Program
- Developmental Services Ontario Toronto Region
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic
- OAP School Support Program
- Toronto Autism Services Network
- Blind-Low Vision Early Intervention Program, Training and Development Centre.
Learn more about us
Toronto North2 Champagne Dr,
North York, ON
Toronto West2150 Islington Avenue,
Toronto East10 Milner Business Ct.,