Registration now open for the EKO Spring Symposium 2023
February 06, 2023
EKO’s flagship event takes place April 12 & 13
Empowered Kids Ontario (EKO) announced today that registration is open for the association’s flagship event, the EKO Spring Symposium, a two-day, in-person event that brings together clinicians, leaders, scientists, students and trainees, families, youth and stakeholders to share knowledge and advance child development and pediatric rehabilitation.
“After a hiatus, we’re eager to bring people back together for the Spring Symposium,” says EKO CEO Jennifer Churchill. “EKO’s conference has been known as a leading event for the child development sector, and offers a platform to learn together, network and collaborate.”
The program offers a personalized event experience designed to elevate professional practice, connect colleagues, build new and collaborative partnerships, and inspire with dynamic ideas.
We’re covering topics from disrupting diagnosis to disability and sexuality, integrating Indigenous knowledge into health care, operationalizing innovation, supporting early outcomes, perspectives on virtual care and much more.
- Renowned keynote presenters including Emmy Award-nominated writer, actor, LGBTQ activist and disability advocate Ryan O’Connell, Dr. Melanie Penner FRCP, senior clinician scientist, developmental pediatrician and Bloorview Children’s Hospital Foundation Chair in Developmental Pediatrics, and Dr. Ripudaman Singh Minhas, developmental pediatrician at St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto and founder of the OurKidsHealth Network.
- Speed networking
- Deep dive breakout sessions presented by experts in the sector
- A celebration of EKO’s Tribute Awards
This year’s program will offer even more content, education, and community-building opportunities, accelerating professional experience. Attendees will:
- Be inspired—Gain insights on innovative approaches, new models of service delivery, and hot topics in child development
- Learn—Chart learning paths and join sessions that will influence how you work every day. Whether just starting out in child development services or a seasoned professional, attendees will build personal agendas based on experience and interests.
- Engage—Get questions answered by sector experts and meet new colleagues at the Speed Networking session.
- Connect—Expand networks and knowledge. Meet and learn from fellow professionals, researchers, families, and sector leaders.
Secure your spot at the EKO Spring Symposium 2023. Register today.
Follow EKO on social media to stay connected on Spring Symposium updates.